Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Monsieur Bouc's Story

"It was a frosty Sunday morning in the Turkish hotel, Kamal's Palace, in Istanbul. Around 7 o'clock I dressed as usual. After the dressing I decided to go down to the hotellobby for some breakfast.
Even for a fine hotel like Kamal's Palace they didn't serve anything special, probably because of the grim winter so I just took some coffee and a bagel(!).
While sitting beside the window and eating my bagel(!) I noticed a well known face walked into the cafeteria. It was Miss Swanson, my old friend from my visits in England. The second I saw her saw must also have seen me 'cause she came directly to my table and sat down to eat her bagel(!) as well.
"Well hello there Monsieur Bouc! I was not expecting to se you here. How are you doing?" you asked me. "I'm fine, thank you. for asking. How are you doing yourself, my dear?" I nicely answered.
"Not bad, not bad at all. I just returned from a bit of relaxing in Antalya." you said.
"Oh, how nice :). Well I've being in Ankara for some railway business, as you might know I own the railway company of the Taurus Express. You know about the Taurus Express, which goes from Istanbul to Paris?" I wondered. "Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I was just going out to book a ticket on the Taurus Express." you said.  " Oh, lucky for you then 'cause the train is fully booked but of course as the owner I can fix you a ticket" I quite proudly said. "Thank you so much! Ohh I don't know how else I would have come home!" "Well then, see you tomorrow on the train. Have a nice day"  you said and started to walk to the entrance. "Have a nice you too" I said after you.
Later that day I went for a bit of a walk. Nothing special just for relaxing and on the way back to the hotel I decided to go downtown to the trainstation to check on the schedule and do some preparing for the trip tomorrow. There I met some of the conductors and just had a little chatt with them. After I once again was back in my room, as there was no reason to still be awake I decided to go to sleep. The next morning I went down to the cafeteria for a bit of breakfast. And also this morning like the last I aet a bagel(!). Then I went to the station, once again prepared some stuff and things, like Miss Swanson#s ticket and doublechecked with the conductors and the mechanics that everything was fine. As usual everything was fine.
So the train starts and we're on our way.  Around 00.12am we pass through Vincovi without a single problem on the whole journey. But then from out of nowhere this snowdrift pops up and we're stuck, without any electricity for the passengers  and no way of getting out of there.  Of course we sent after help but they could not come until the next morning. So I go to sleep because there's nothing for me to do. I hade just fallen asleep when the bell of Mr. Ratchett rings, even if I'm not a worker as the chief of the railway company I have access to the bell system. I ignore this but I don't go to sleep again. Instead I decide to go on a walk to see if everything is all right in the passenger compartments. The time is now around 01.15 am or maybe 01.20.
When entering the compartment I see someone come out of one of them and he's making his way towards the dining-car. I decide to follow him. Then I start to notice the smell of tobacco, you know that kind you stuff pipes with, that was exactly what I smelled.
For the sake of security smoking's not allowed on the train nighttime, so naturally I followed the man to ask him to stop the smoking. When I was just 10 meters I noticed that the man was wearing a conductor's uniform. I find this very strange but I draw back to my compartment 'cause there's something fishy going about with that man.
Then the day after I hear all this that happened all around me without me even noticing it." Mr. Bouc said to Miss Swanson.
"But who was it? Did you see the man's face?!" Miss Swanson said.
"No I didn't but with all the details and all the facts I now understand who it was..." Mr. Bouc said but was roughly interrupted by Luis Henry who walked in with a bowl of hot soup for Mr. Bouc who hadn't eaten all day. Mr. Bouc proceeded to take a quick taste of the soup before telling Miss Swanson about the murderer. "Well this person was not my first guess, but actually was.." Mr. Bouc said before instantly collapsing. "What happend!!!" Miss Swanson yelled. She sent after Dr. Constantine who confirmed what everyone was thinks but what nobody wished to say. "He's dead...It must have been a very powerful poison, at least he died a peaceful death..." he said.